Monday, December 24, 2012

IT'S TIME FOR STOCK-TAKING 2

You can read part 1 here: http://avictomama.blogspot.in/2012/12/its-time-for-stock-taking-1.html?m=1

Like I said before, in this part, i shall present the results of the evaluation conducted on myself for the year. As regards life and experiences over a period, stock-taking must be holistic. It must be a complete evaluation of all aspects of your life - physical, spiritual, financial, to mention a few...

In the year 2012, my physche did not improve a bit. I did not grow taller (not dat I was expecting to) neither did I grow fatter. The later is becoming worrisome. I had envisaged that by now, i would have been able to cover a large percentage of my bones with flesh but i failed woefully. I know you would want to encourage me to eat more but i've tried eating all the junk which obese people are suppose to avoid but the result was still negative. There was a time i did nothing but eat and sleep for a whole week. My brother, the result - negative! I have given up on that aspect and have resigned to God for a miracle.

My spiritual life did not experience any real improvement, instead, i 'slided back'. Attending church services was like attending a burial service; reading the bible was like reading a 900 page medical journal; prayers... Hmmm; even my sober early mornin fellowship i used to enjoy, died. I hope to improve on this aspect next year.

Relationship wise, I think I did well. I made more friends (and also enemies) and met lots of new (and ugly) faces. There was no real romantic relationship after the last one ended early this year. But i can confess to a few romantic encounters with individuals i can not boldly call my girlfriends (not that it is even a problem). I have already schedule the 'thoughts' of marriage to five years from now. I am thus not disappointed at my relationship status - I am still SINGLE! Applications are welcomed though!

Financially... I had a high hopes early this year about the things I needed or wanted and quite painfully, some of them are still hanging. Not that I didn't make enough 'dough' (that's why its painful) but a lot of financial miscalculations sunk them. From all my hussles, I made over 200k this year (including NYSC allawee) but i still could not get my laptop as budgeted, no thanks to financial 'igbo smoking'. Sometimes I wonder the kind of Accountant I am!

I made a lot of resolutions at the beginning of this year but I kept none. I have made a resolution to stop making resolutions! Now although, in general, the results of my evaluation was poor, I did make a few achievements which I am grateful to God for!

I evaluated other aspects of my life but i cant post them here. Being a blogger doesn't deny me a right to privacy - does it? I have only tried to encourage you here to do a little stock taking of your life. You dont have to tell me the results, its personal. Like I said in part one, every experience presents an opportunity to learn. You can only grab that opportunity when that experience is evaluated. Yes, there are some experiences you want to forget but what of the lessons? The past cannot get you to your destination, but it can be of great help in getting you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...