Friday, February 01, 2013

ECHOES OF POVERTY


Life has taught me nothing
But poverty has taught me something
That to live in great lack
Is to lack a great life

Toiling heavily day and night
I've tried hard to make things just and right
But it constantly seems to be raised
Each time I try to hit that mark

Each day I forge through with great pains
Hoping to make great gains
But losses I've made the same way
Just like every other day

Each day I return to meet anger

My kids' eyes burns frequently with hunger
Each day my heart is torn apart
By the piercing cry of my children's lack

Once I've tried to live by faith
Deep in ny pocket went my hands
Expecting Stones to turn bread
Only to be met by empty echoes...
...Echoes of great poverty

But hope arises on the horizon
Far beyond the mountains of defeat
I see a future filled with great feast
A future that holds a destiny...
That life itself cannot deny!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...