Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Gospel of my existence


Like play, like play, 2013 has come and gone (or would soon go). I envisage that everyone would be in the mood of stock-taking, resolution making (that would obviously not be kept) and joyful celebrations as they hope to encroach into 2014. I intended a very serious post to end the year but changed my mind. I getting too serious these days... So, for your 'enjoytainment', I came up with this post. It's not going to leave you in a state of rib cracking laughter but it's something you would enjoy...

The Gospel of my existence, Chapter 1.

1. In the beginning, papa victor lived alone in his small single room apartment in a small rusty part of Lagos.

2. And his spirit was lonely and vexed, for he had not found the bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh.

3. And the Lord said, let us give papa victor a maiden to wife, lest, he fulfilleth not his purpose.

4. And it happened that on a faithful day; the 1st day of the month of June, during the reign of General Ibrahim Babaginda, in the year 1989 AD , that papa victor sat outside his apartment taking refreshment

5. And the Lord made a young damsel to walk by

6. And papa victor was carried away, for she was beautiful beyond comprehension. And in the whole of that town, she was the fairest amongst all maidens.

7. Papa victor rejoiced and said to himself – Ye, I have found the bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh

8. And the host of heaven rejoiced; for papa victor had rejected twenty and three hundred maidens, whom the Lord had caused to walk by his apartment every morning.

9. And papa victor pursued the damsel unto the house of her father, and she was given to him to wife.

10. In the first day, of the third month after the day that the Lord had caused the maiden to walk by; papa victor held a marriage feast and the damsel was handed over to him.

11. And papa victor said to his bride, let us make young ones in our own image and likeness and let them have dominion over our assets and continue our race when we return to our creator.

12. And it happened that on a rainy night, according to the plan of the Lord, that papa victor said to his bride; let us play the game of mojo. And she consented and gave him permission

13. It came to pass, that on the second month after the game of mojo was played

14. That the Lord appeared to papa victor in a dream and said unto him:

15. “Your wife is with child and she shall bare thee a son. Take heed to my word, that when the son is born, you shall call his name avictomama. And he shall be great and shall achieve mighty works according to his purpose. Ye shall circumcise him on the eight day and shall present to me in my house on the third month”.

16. And papa victor said, “I have heard you my lord but the name of the child pleases not me. Let me name him victor, and he shall gain victory over his foes on every side according to the word that you have spoken”

17. And the Lord said “Let it be so”

18. And it came to pass that on the 10th day of the ninth month after the game of mojo was played, that the damsel put to bed and it was a boy

19. Papa victor carried the boy in his arms and on the eight day, he circumcised him and lifting him up to the Lord said,”Ye shall be called victor, according to the word of the Lord”

20. And he looked at the damsel and said “ye have brought me joy, I shall call you mama victor”

21. And the child grew and waxed strong, and the spirit of the Lord was upon him and he did exploits according to the word of the Lord which he spake unto his father

22. And the Lord was with papa victor and blessed him with other sons and daughters...

If I am moved by the spirit, I might just write chapter 2….

Compliments of the season…
 

4 comments:

  1. Avictomama, it's obvious u do study ur bible well. lol. Nice piece man. Happy new year also.
    I have a question? Must resolutions be made at the end or begining of the year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Votech, my initial ambition was to be a pastor (lol). Anyway, your questions have already been answered in a previous post, you can click or copy trhe link below to read it...

    http://avictomama.blogspot.com/2012/12/whats-so-special-about-1st-of-january.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe!! So what exactly happened on that rainy night?! We need you to shed further light! :p
    Oya where is chapter two?!!
    Happy new year!
    T.Notes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol... T.Notes, What happened that rainy night is a story for another day... As for chapter two, I have not yet been moved by the spirit... Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...